Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

PPCC blog 378 for 2 May 2018

THANK YOU



This is my first autumn harvest Thanksgiving/Giving thanks theme card for 2018. For the Design Team for PPCC blog, I was assigned to the prize sponsor of A Day For Daisies (ADFD) which let us pick our choice of digital image from their inventory! Yes! So I decided to jump several months ahead in the calendar to get something prepared. I love the softs greens, hints of peach and orange, and different tones of browns from cinnamon to milk chocolate and to barn wood.

 PPCC blog's ID badge and their link for #378: http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2018/05/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-378.html



ADFD's digital image, "Catching Leaves", was used for my thank you card. I'm joined by several other design team members to represent ADFD this week, so be sure to use the PPCC blog link to see all the design team creations!



Bugaboo is another prize sponsor and half of the design team will be using their images, so use the PPCC blog link to take you to the post to see the wonderful inspiration cards/paper-crafted items!



This thank you card's layout is loosely based on this CARD MAP layout sketch by Page Maps. You can find it in their archives. I 'found' this sketch suggestion through a Facebook group called 100 Pattern Paper challenge. One of the members searches the web and shares a card layout suggestion and a scrapbook one each week in order to help make it easier for group members to use 100 patterned papers in a year. The idea behind this particular group is to encourage crafters to get busy using their 'stockpiles' of pretty papers instead of saving/hoarding them!

For my card, the lower border sticker of peach hearts is in place of the tied cord shown on the sketch.  My stamped thank you sentiment is short and centered instead of covering the right half. My "Catching Leaves" image replaces the flower and the tag is eliminated. The green hearts sticker border and 2 rows of barn wood decorative tape are to allude to the horizontal top edges of the many paper layers shown in the sketch. And the green gems border row at the bottom does the same thing by replacing a bottom horizontal edge of paper.

Overall, I like the whimsy and innocence of the image matched with the hearts, arrows, and autumn color palette.

To the many friends and family who are praying for my husband and I--thank you very much!

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.