Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

HIMCR #352 super scraps Saturday theme challenge

Oh, what a beautiful day!



Scraps used on the cover are the light pink cardstock tag, the bundled scraps in the bottom left corner, and the two half heart-shaped doilies (white and a light pink underneath) which were leftovers from Valentine's Day.

Due to my husband hiring some muscle powered kids, some of my packed away craft supplies from our move not quite two years ago became readily available to me, so I've got little foam adhesive squares to use to give dimension for the flowers. It meant more coloring and more fussy cutting but so worth the extra time to create a super duper card!

This is a design team inspiration card for HIMCR's #352 challenge for the 2nd Saturday of the month which is always a scraps theme. Find some sketch suggestions or come up with your own brilliant way to use any kind of crafting scraps. And it doesn't have to be a card. Make a tag, scrapbook layout, party invite, etc. Here's the link:  http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2018/05/himcr-352-super-scraps-saturday.html


Here's HIMCR's badge:


Fred, She Said Designs (FSSD) is the prize and the DT sponsor for challenge #352. Use HIMCR's link above to get FSSD's links and info on what the offered prize is from them.



My sketch layout is based on a 90 degree turn right of Yolande K's that was shared in the Facebook group 100 Pattern Paper Challenges:



More photos at different stages of creating this showstopper:



The lime green sticker is from the Create 365 Happy Planner product line from Me and My Big Ideas.


I printed the outline distressed images that come like this (full sheet) and used markers for most of the coloring and colored pencils for filling in the flower petals.



The photo above is before I added a stacked small set of scrap papers to the bottom left corner. Even with the scrap doilies and the light pink cardstock tag from scrap, I thought with the challenge theme is needed to find another spot for scraps.




This card took about 3 hours to make! And then transferring photos from cell phone to email and then to computer to be used in Blogger was an additional hour estimated. But after the last 2 week's cards for design team challenges being made quick with minimal resources next to my husband's hospital bed or in the family waiting room, I needed to put more quality work into my HIMCR DT card.

Husband's been home for 10 days and still struggles with being active enough to prevent clots and without over-exerting his limited heart function. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers, please! Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.